DEARBORN — The Dearborn Public Schools Board of Education approved new assignments for several staff members during its Aug. 27 and Sept. 10 meetings.
DPS Supt. Brian Whiston said in a statement that the district is fortunate to have a large pool of talented staff.
“This allows us to promote from within,” Whiston said, “share expertise among buildings, and ultimately create a learning environment that will provide all students with a high quality education.”
The new administrative changes for the 2012-13 school year includes:
• DPS Business Services Director Samuel Barna was hired from Blue Cross Blue Shield where he was a financial coordinator.
• Former Edsel Ford High School Principal Hassane Jaafar was appointed curriculum coordinator.
• Former Smith Middle School Principal Scott Casebolt was appointed principal at Edsel Ford.
• Former Edsel Ford Assistant Principal Dan Blessing was appointed Smith assistant principal.
• Former Graduation Intervention specialist Zeina Jebril was appointed assistant principal at Edsel Ford.
• Former River Oaks Elementary School Principal Ibrahim Mashhour was appointed curriculum coordinator.
• Former resource teacher Raeda Akroush was appointed assistant principal at Maples Elementary School.
• Former Maples Elementary Assistant Principal Joe Martin was appointed principal at River Oaks.
• Former Cotter Early Childhood Coordinator Amy Biolette was appointed principal at McDonald Elementary School.
• Former resource teacher and literacy coach Nadra Lamberti was appointed Cotter early childhood coordinator.
• HFCC Child Development Center Supervisor Stephanie Stover was hired from outside the district, where she worked as the manager of a school program run by a non-profit organization.
• Former Becker Elementary School Principal Nada Fouani was appointed principal at William Ford Elementary School.
• Former William Ford Assistant Principal David Higgins was appointed principal at Becker.
• Former Becker teacher Kamel Bazzi was appointed assistant principal at William Ford.
• Former William Ford Principal Mahmoud Abu-Rus was appointed principal at Miller Elementary School.
Former Fordson High School Assistant Principal Maysam Alie-Bazzi was appointed principal at Woodworth Middle School.
• Former Fordson counselor and interim assistant principal Amal Alcodray was appointed assistant principal at Fordson.
• Former McCollough-Unis School Assistant Principal Martha Burch was appointed assistant principal at Fordson.
• Former Lowrey Middle School Assistant Principal Fady Soueidan was appointed assistant principal at McCollough-Unis.
• Former Smith Assistant Principal Danene Charles was appointed principal at Smith.