• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • About
    • Letter to the Editor
    • Newsstand Locations
    • Contact Us
  • Classifieds
    • View Classifieds Online
    • Classified Rates
  • Advertise
  • Subscribe

Times-Herald and Sunday Times Newspapers

  • Home
  • News
  • Editorial
  • Police Blotter
  • Tempo
  • Lifestyle
    • Bridal
    • Food
    • Home Works
    • Home Improvement
    • Home & Lifestyle
    • Lawn & Garden
    • Savvy Senior
    • Sports
  • Special Sections
    • Chamber Chatter
    • Higher Education
    • Homecoming

Confrontation leads to 15-minute school lockdown

November 19, 2014 By Times-Herald Newspapers Leave a Comment

By TEREASA NIMS
Sunday Times Newspapers

RIVERVIEW — Seitz Middle School was on a 15-minute lockdown Thursday afternoon when an eighth-grader, who was sent home earlier in the day for wanting to fight, returned shortly before school was dismissed for the day.

“The girl had a problem with another girl and wanted to fight,” Police Chief Cliff Rosebohm said. “She was sent home.”

The girl returned to the school, 17800 Kennebec, about 2:20 p.m., allegedly to confront the other student. The girl was intercepted by Principal Andrew Zulewski, who ordered the school under lockdown.

“There was no assault or weapons involved,” Rosebohm said.

The girl was in Zulewski’s custody while the school was locked down and released to her parent.

Rosebohm said students were all released from school on time.

The girl reportedly was upset because she was returning to Ohio for a hearing before Ohio Family Services.

Filed Under: Stories

Primary Sidebar




Search

Archives

Copyright © 2026 · Times Herald and Sunday Times Newspapers · website hosting by ixpubs.com · Log in