DEARBORN – Wayne County will host a free Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 10 at Henry Ford College, 5101 Evergreen.
Proof of Wayne County residency is required.
Residents can safely dispose of hazardous items, including:
• Household paints, stains, dyes.
• Floor care items, furniture polish, bathroom cleaners.
• Lawn and garden chemicals, pesticides, fertilizers.
• Antifreeze, motor oil, gasoline.
• Automotive batteries, dry cell batteries, propane tanks.
• Old computers, printers, scanners, TV’s, cell phones, fax machines.
• Mercury containing thermometers, thermostats and elemental mercury.
• Fluorescent light bulbs (standard and compact).
• Smoke detectors, fire extinguishers.
• Pharmaceutical waste (non-controlled substances only).
CRT-type monitors and televisions are no longer accepted.
Other dates in 2017
Additional Wayne County collection events run 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in 2017 are:
• Aug. 12 at the Westland Shopping Center , 35000 Warren Road, Westland.
• Oct. 7 at Wayne County Community College District-Downriver Campus, 21000 Northline Road, Taylor.
For more information, call Wayne County at (734) 326-3936 or click here.