DEARBORN — Henry Ford College will host an Adjunct Faculty Job Fair for the Fall 2017 and the Winter 2018 semesters from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. July 20, in the Andrew A. Mazzara Administrative Services & Conference Center on the main campus, 5101 Evergreen.
The job fair is free and open to the public. Lots 10, 11, and 12 – all of which are on the south side of the campus – will be open for parking.
Openings include credit-transferable courses, occupational specializations, and tutoring in various disciplines.
Requirements for applicants to teach HFC courses in which credits are transferable to four-year educational institutions include a master’s degree in the subject matter directly related to the teaching assignment, or a master’s degree in an unrelated area, plus 18 graduate credit hours in the subject matter directly related to the teaching assignment.
Requirements for teaching in occupational specializations such as Automotive Technology, Manufacturing Maintenance, Medical Insurance Billing or Welding:
• Occupation-specific combinations of education, work experience and licenses or certifications.
Requirements for tutors in occupational specializations:
• For non-credit, non-transferable courses, an associate’s degree in that particular occupational discipline is required.
• For credit-transferable courses, a bachelor’s degree in education or in the appropriate or relevant tutoring subject area is required.
Those interested in teaching at HFC on an adjunct basis for the Fall 2017 and Winter 2018 semesters should bring copies of their résumés, transcripts and professional licenses and certifications for on-site screening interviews. Those unable to attend the job fair may complete an online application at hr.hfcc.edu.
HFC representatives will be available to discuss teaching opportunities for the Fall 2017 and the Winter 2018 semesters in the following academic areas:
• Advanced Excel
• American Sign Language
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Arabic Language
• Automotive Technology
• Business Administration
• Computer Aided Design Systems
• CAD Drafting
• Computer Information Systems
• Computer Numerical Control
• CNC Gauging and Inspection
• Criminal Justice
• Electrical Manufacturing Maintenance
• English Composition
• English Language Institute
• Fluid Power
• Gauging and Inspection
• Heating/Ventilation and Air Conditioning
• Human Resources Management
• Industrial Sewing and Pattern-Making
• Lean Six Sigma
• Machine Tool
• Management (Business)
• Mastercam NC
• Mechanical Manufacturing Maintenance
• Medical Insurance Specialist
• Power Engineering
• Process Technology
• Respiratory Therapist
• Trade and Apprentice
• Tutors in Math and Writing
• Tutors in Health Sciences (Nursing and Non-Nursing)
There will be potential future openings to teach nursing at HFC. The college also is accepting résumés, transcripts and professional licenses and certifications for candidates with master’s degrees in Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Medical/Surgical and Psychiatric.