Heart health screenings are one of the most common ways people can find out about their overall fitness of their cardiovascular health, or if there are any concerns that may require more testing and follow-up care.
Beaumont’s 7 for $70 heart screenings are now being offered at Beaumont Hospital, Taylor. They are also available at the Dearborn, Trenton, Wayne, Grosse Pointe, Royal Oak and Troy hospitals.
The cost of a complete a comprehensive heart disease screening is $70. The tests are specifically designed to identify risk factors and help clinicians recommend next steps to improve your heart and vascular health.
The screening includes seven tests:
• Blood Pressure Measurement
• Body Mass Index Measurement
• 12-lead Electrocardiogram, or EKG Stroke Screening/Carotid Artery Ultrasound
• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Ultrasound
• Peripheral Artery Disease Screening
• Blood Cholesterol and Hemoglobin A1c Measurements*
All of the screenings are read by board-certified Beaumont doctors. The results and a followup letter are sent to patients to share with their primary care physicians to determine followup care.
“Beaumont’s 7 for $70 heart screening program is a great way to find out if you or someone you love are at risk for heart disease,” said Lisa Bain, director of Diagnostics at Beaumont Hospital, Taylor. “According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 1 million Americans survive heart attacks each year. If you’ve experienced a cardiac event or heart-related condition, cardiac rehabilitation may help reduce your risk of future heart problems.”
Better management of cardiovascular care can help with overall risk factors, leading to a heart health plan created with your primary care physician.
These guides and infographics show what safe cardiovascular numbers should be and how to better manage your heart health.
Screening locations are:
• Beaumont Hospital, Dearborn, 18101 Oakwood Blvd., Dearborn.
• Beaumont Hospital, Taylor, 10000 Telegraph Road, Taylor.
• Beaumont Hospital, Trenton, 5450 Fort St., Trenton.
• Beaumont Hospital, Wayne, 33155 Annapolis St., Wayne.
• Beaumont Medical Building, Grosse Pointe, 16815 E. Jefferson Ave., Grosse Pointe.
• Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak (Ernst Cardiovascular Center), 3601 W. 13 Mile Road, Royal Oak.
• Beaumont Hospital, Troy, 44201 Dequindre Road, Troy.
“A comprehensive heart health test like 7 for $70 can help identify risk factors, so you can be proactive about your overall health,” added Bain. “Educating yourself about heart health can help avoid risks and inspire a healthier lifestyle.”
The blood work portion of the screening, blood cholesterol and glucose measurements, is optional. If you chose not to complete blood work, the cost of the remaining six screening tests is $50.
To find out more about 7 for $70, go to Beaumont.org/heart.