DEARBORN – The public is invited to attend workshops in March and April in which the City Council will be focused on the proposed budget for fiscal year 2020.
The proposed FY20 budget covers July 1, 2019, through June 30, 2020.
Traditionally, multiple meetings take place between the administration and the City Council prior to the public hearing and public adoption of the budget.
Budget workshops are set for the Dearborn Administrative Center, 16901 Michigan Ave., in Conference Room 1A at 6:30 p.m. The public should use the west entrance.
The following dates and topics are:
• March 13: Actuary and reports.
• March 27: capital debt.
• April 8: Proposed budget overview.
• April 9: Property Maintenance and Development Services Department.
• April 22: Police and fire.
• April 29: Department of Public Works.
• May 1: Museum and City Clerk.
• May 6: Recreation and 19th District Court.
• May 9: Downtown Development Authorities.
• May 13: Wrap Up.
Topics, dates, times, and meeting locations are subject to change.
The schedule of sessions will be updated at www.cityofdearborn.org in the Transparency section. Documents related to the proposed FY2020 budget will be continually posted on the website as they become available.
The budget must be approved by the City Council before the new fiscal year begins.