DEARBORN — Henry Ford College will host the Courses XIX Chefs’ Dinner at 6 p.m. Nov. 9 at Fifty-One O One – HFC’s student-run restaurant – in the Student & Culinary Arts Center on the main campus, 5101 Evergreen.
Courses XIX is a fundraiser that supports scholarships awarded to students in HFC’s Culinary Arts program.
The menu for the evening will include:
• Hors d’oeuvres (assorted canapés).
• Grilled mushroom salad (roasted chestnuts, cauliflower, pears).
• Apple-celery root velouté (caramelized apples, duck liver, thyme).
• Steamed black cod (white beans, ginger, bok choy).
• Braised short rib pot-au-feu (48 short ribs, carrots, turnips, and onions).
• Chocolate velouté and cinnamon ice cream (chocolate meringue, spiced cookies, cinnamon ice cream).
• Confection (mignardises).
Coffee and tea service is included, along with house-made breads. Craft beer and wine selections are available for purchase.
All the food will be prepared by HFC culinary students who benefit from these scholarships, according to HFC hospitality instructor Lauren Wallace.
“It’s an exciting opportunity for our students to put on this elaborate dinner for the people who are so generous to our program,” said Wallace.
Admission is $55 per person; $30 of the ticket price is a tax-deductible donation to the HFC Hospitality Scholarship Fund. To make reservations:
• Send checks or take cash to the HFC Foundation Office on the third floor of the Welcome Center: 5101 Evergreen Road, Dearborn, MI 48128-1495. Note in the memo section that payment is for the Hospitality Courses Dinner.
• For credit card purchases (Visa, Mastercard and Discover only), go to giving.hfcc.edu/hospitality-scholarship-dinner.
Tickets will not be issued for this event. There will be a list of pre-paid attendees at the door the night of the event. Attendees will be sent a letter of recognition, which will serve as documentation of donation.
For further information, call 313-206-5101 or go to www.hfcc.edu/5101.