TAYLOR – Coffee with the Mayor, a series of monthly meetings with Mayor Jeffrey Lamarand and constituents, will begin in January.
Residents are invited to an informal setting to learn more about the mayor’s plans, ask questions and express concerns.
Sessions will take place in the early evening hours of the second Tuesday of each month at coffeehouses, coney islands and other restaurants throughout the city.
The businesses have agreed to provide seating and free coffee for at least 20 residents. Some may provide appetizers or snacks.
The first Coffee with the Mayor is set for 7 p.m. Jan. 12, at Cozy Corner, 25077 Ecorse Road.
The schedule for the next five months includes the following 6 p.m. sessions:
● Feb.9 – Original Philip’s Restaurant, 21335 Ecorse Road.
● March 9 – LaMarina Café & Grill, 22395 Goddard Road.
● April 13 – Isis Coney Island, 26866 Eureka Road.
● May 11 – Little Daddy’s, 22250 Eureka Road.
● June 8 – Leon’s Family Dining, 8787 Telegraph Road.
Lamarand said he wants to take the meetings to residents instead of them having to come to his office.
“I want to promote our local businesses and make it easier for residents to share their concerns with me,” he said.
For more information call (734) 374-1450.