By JAMES MITCHELL
Sunday Times Newspapers
TAYLOR – Two Dearborn Heights men remained in custody and face dozens of armed robbery and felonious assault charges for the April 1 theft at Momo’s Poker Room, and preliminary examinations of evidence are scheduled to continue June 1.
Dearborn Heights brothers Nickolas Jonathan Frederick, 30, Daniel William Frederick, 29, remained in custody on $200,000 bond each following a May 23 examination before 23rd District Court Judge Joseph Slaven.
Witnesses during the first day of preliminary testimony described seeing two men walk into a charity poker game with weapons drawn and leaving with money taken from the tables and players.
Police and prosecutors said the two men had been playing at the Telegraph Road charity game earlier in the evening before returning at 1 a.m. April 1 wearing masks and brandishing handguns.
A third suspect, 26-year-old Michael Eugene Pennington of Flat Rock – who Police Chief Mary Sclabassi said had become involved in the armed robbery “after the fact” – was released after his bond had been reduced.
(James Mitchell can be reached at [email protected])