By ZEINAB NAJM
Sunday Times Newspapers
TAYLOR — A 23-year-old man accused of shooting and killing his sister’s boyfriend has been released on bail by police while more information is gathered to submit a warrant.
Detectives were advised by the Wayne County Prosector’s Office to release the suspect from custody until a better case is submitted, including unanswered questions.
Taylor Communications & Marketing Director Karl Ziomek said investigators moved forward to the prosecutor for charges related to the shooting when they were told to provide additional details.
About 2:30 a.m. April 14, police responded to a shooting at a house in the 15000 block of Pond Village Drive. Upon arrival at the scene, officers immediately took a 23-year-old suspect into custody without incident.
Officers entered the house where they discovered a 28-year-old man who had been shot multiple times. He was transported to a local hospital by emergency medical services where he died of his injuries, a press release from police said.
The victim was the boyfriend of the suspect’s sister. Identities of the victim and suspect were not released by police.
(Zeinab Najm can be reached at [email protected].)