By SUE SUCHYTA
Sunday Times Newspapers
TAYLOR — A vehicle was reported damaged by a failed hot wiring attempt July 16 while in the parking lot of Home Depot, 21100 Penn St., while its owner was staying at the nearby Red Roof Inn, 21230 Eureka Road.
The vehicle owner said the vehicle likely would have been stolen if he hadn’t removed the battery after he parked it the night before.
The ignition module was torn from the vehicle, and a hammer and screwdriver were left on the driver’s seat. There was no surveillance footage, and no suspects.